Joseph L. Donaldson from UT Extension announced a series of upcoming workshops “to increase the number and quality of applications to the USDA Agricultural Marketing Service (USDA-AMS) Farmers’ Market and Local Foods Promotion Program (FMLFPP). The workshops are set for:
· Tuesday, April 21: Kingsport Center for Higher Education, 300 W. Market St., Kingsport, TN 37660, Register/More Kingsport Info
· Wednesday, April 22: UT Extension, DeKalb County, 722 South Congress Blvd., Smithville, TN 37166, Register/More Smithville Info
· Friday, April 24: UT/TSU Extension, Gibson County, 1252 Manufacturers Row, Trenton, TN 38382, Register/More Trenton Info
· Thursday, April 30: Crabtree Farms, 1000 East 30th Street, Chattanooga, TN 37409, Register/More Chattanooga Info
The workshops are 10 am to 3 pm each day with lunch provided to all participants. Participation is limited to 50 people per location. The overall aim is to increase the number and quality of applications to FMLFPP, FY 2015, from Tennessee, and help more people in our state to build health, wealth, and connectivity thorough local food initiatives. After the workshop, participants will be able to:
· better articulate their ideas in a project narrative that is submitted in a formal grant application.
· construct and justify a budget needed to implement their ideas.
· understand how to administer federal funds, and tell the story of their impact and what difference the funds made.
These workshops are open to everyone. Please share this announcement. In addition to Extension Agents, this workshop is especially applicable to:
· State and Local Government
· County Economic Development Councils
· Food Policy Councils
· Farmers’ Market Associations
· Farm-to-Table/Fork/Other Organizations
· Minority Farmer Associations
· Food Service/Nutrition Professionals
· Producer Associations
Don’t hesitate to call me with any questions (865-974-7245).
Thank you! – Joseph”