Mid TN Growers Fourth Annual Mid-Winter Meeting – FEB 8th
I hope you are having a good winter, either enjoying the fruits of your labor, growing, relaxing, addressing infrastructure, or curling up with a seed catalog. Before we get fully started with our spring season, please join us at a get-together to gain a little sense of community among small/sustainable farmers and friends-of-farmers in Middle Tennessee. Please send this notice to other farmers, if you will.
So, the Fourth Annual Mid-Winter will be Monday, February 8, 2016 from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Sylvia Ganier of Green Door Gourmet Farm has – again – offered to host us for the Fourth Annual Mid TN Growers gathering at 7011 River Road Pike, Nashville, TN 37209 (one mile off Charlotte Pike), Phone: (615) 942-8079, email@example.com. . Second Harvest (David Cloniger) has offered to prepare a meal – again – for us (maybe with a few helpers).
Please RSVP to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) by February 1 so I can assist Sylvia and David to plan accordingly.
Please inform me what agenda topics interest you. The agenda will be participant-driven, and will be sent approximately one week before the gathering. But, here are some tentative topics:
- 9:00 a.m. Welcome by Sylvia
- 9:05 a.m. Approval of agenda
- Southern Sustainable Agricultural Working Group (SSAWG) recap from January 27-30 (John Patrick and other SSAWG attendees)
- The downtown Nashville Farmers Market in 2016 (Tasha Kenard)
- Other Nashville Farmers markets operating in 2016 (group discussion)
- CSA offerings this year (group)
- PickTN conference February 11-12, Knoxville TN (Amy Tavalin)
- Communication among us (Facebook, WordPress, others…) – categories, interest groups, informational centers, event calendar board, others…(Dana Deloca and YOU.)
- Share-a-Share 2015 recap (Jenny Vaughn)
- Community Building Gleaning by Second Harvest (David Cloniger)
- Nashville Composting (Seema Prasad of Miels Restaurant)
- Rural Energy for America Program grants and loans deadline (Light Wave Solar, Grace Robertson)
- Food Hubs and/or food coops in Mid TN ( Alan Powell)
- 11:30 a.m. Lunch (People can break out into smaller lunch groups for networking, for instance: what collaborative efforts can we initiate, what kind of organized future and actions are next, others…?)
- 12:15 p.m. Return to group session, and file ideas thoughts and opinions folks have discussed during lunch
- 1:00 p.m. End – attendees are welcome to mingle and converse with others afterwards
Look forward to hearing from you and seeing you there!
Foggy Hollow Farm