Caney Fork Farms is hiring a sales manager
Available to start: January 2018
Please send cover letter, resume and 2 or more references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Caney Fork Farms is seeking a part-time sales manager to coordinate sales of meats and vegetables. We are seeking a motivated candidate that can represent the farm within the community. Currently we sell through farmer’s markets, wholesale to restaurants and use online sales platforms. The ideal candidate will continue to maintain these market channels and develop new relationships and sales channels.
Skills and responsibilities include:
● Management of sales of meat and vegetables
● Work closely with farm team to coordinate inventory and track sales
● Expand customer base, both in the wholesale and retail spaces
● Management of website and social media platforms
● Collaborate with team to develop the overall brand of Caney Fork Farms
● Take part in setting the financial goals for the farm
● Some background experience in food, regenerative agriculture or marketing
● Strong communication skills
● Excellent customer service skills
● Positive attitude
● Friendly and outgoing
● Good at network building
● Empathetic outlook
● Detail oriented
● Computer skills including word, excel, email, internet searches, basic photo editing and
● Background in social media a plus
● Valid driver’s license
The Ideal Candidate:
Will be team oriented, enjoy working in a dynamic and creative environment and be passionate about regenerative agriculture and local food systems. The ideal candidate would be someone that loves food, enjoys meeting new people and networking, is socially aware and persistent when needed. We are looking for a hard-working, positive, down-to-earth, fun-loving candidate that can become part of our community.
Wage based on experience and responsibilities.
Caney Fork Farms strives to be an ecologically regenerative, socially integrated and financially profitable model of sustainable agriculture for the southeastern United States in the face of climate change. We raise Angus cattle, Katahdin sheep, and three heritage pig breeds on pasture in a way that improves our land base and, in turn, increases the biodiversity and ecological health of the soil, water, and air. All animals are grown for meat and are processed throughout the year to sell to local consumers. Caney Fork Farms strives to employ best practices of animal welfare and sustainability. The farm also produces a wide array of annual vegetables utilizing hand scale market garden techniques, as well as tractor based field operations. In addition to vegetables and meat, Caney Fork Farms is heavily focused on producing high-quality food through perennial plants and tree crops that will mature throughout the coming years. In all endeavours the farm strives for a meaningful connection with an engaged local consumer community.